Public Service Announcements are multimedia messages for promoting a health-related cause or achieving health-related goals for human potential.
Our database is organized by one national and one international policy for human health.
1. National PSA
Healthy People 2020 (HP 2020) is a prevention effort in the United States with an aim to create a healthier Nation. In 2010, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services launched Healthy People 2020 with four overarching goals for Americans to improve:
1. General Health Status,
2. Health-Related Quality of Life and Well-Being,
3. Determinants of Health, and
4. Health Disparities.
Healthy People 2020 tracks 1,200 objectives organized into 42 public health topics.
2. International PSA
The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) are an initiative of the United Nations with a specific focus on alleviating poverty and improving human health and education across the globe. The Millennium Development Goals were officially established in the year 2000, following the adoption of the United Nations Millennium Declaration. All 193 United Nations member states and at least 23 international organizations have agreed to achieve these international development goals by the year 2015. The goals are:
1. eradicating extreme poverty and hunger,
2. achieving universal primary education,
3. promoting gender equality and empowering women,
4. reducing child mortality rates,
5. improving maternal health,
6. combating HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases,
7. ensuring environmental sustainability, and
8. developing a global partnership for development.